If you like me play TS2 in a language other than English, and have downloaded a custom career or major, you may have had this happen: Instead of getting the custom descriptions and chance cards you’d expect, you instead get the descriptions and chance cards of one of the base game careers/majors, like Athletics. This doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong with the download, just that it doesn’t have any descriptions and chance cards in your language, so it’s falling back on the ones from the career/major it was cloned from.
Using SimPE, there’s an easy way to make all languages use the same descriptions and chance cards. This tutorial will explain how.
To use this tutorial, you need to:
- have SimPE installed on your computer. You don’t have to be particularly familiar with it, but you do need to have it installed;
- know how to open and save files.
If you meet these requirements, read on. 🙂
0. Open the career/major in SimPE.
1. In the Resource Tree (to the left), click on “Text Lists”.
2. In the Resource List (to the right), click on the first Text Lists item. Now a long list will appear in the Plugin View below it. (If you don’t have the Plugin View open, click on its tab.)
3. In the Plugin View, click on the Default lang only button, to the left of the text list.
4. “Default lang only” should now get greyed out. Click on Commit File, to the right and above the text list.
5. Save. And you’re done! 😀 Now the game will use the default language (i.e. English) descriptions and chance cards no matter what your game language is, which means you’ll get the custom English ones instead of the ones of whichever in-game career yours was cloned from. Yay! 😀