28 April 2022: A helpful anon let me know that pregnant Sims* would throw an error when they stopped exercising. This has now been fixed and the download has been updated. Thank you, anon!
* If they were in maternity wear and the player didn’t have a mod installed that lets pregnant Sims wear everyday clothes.
1 Nov 2019: By request, I’ve added a “no sword” option to the “Select Sword” pie menu, that let’s your Sims fence with – you guessed it – no sword (or rather, with a tiny, invisible placeholder one). This in case you want to equip your Sims with a handheld accessory instead.
I’ve also cleaned up the interactions a bit (you no longer get the “watch” option if you click on the dummy while the active Sim is fencing, for one thing) + have fixed some mega bork with the child sword selection. Also fixed the swords so they actually work with v. 2.5, for those of you who have both versions. (Seriously, I should have my modding licence revoked… 😳 )
6 April 2019: After four years (!), I’ve been told there’s a problem with the enthusiasm gain for this object, that would make Sims gain enthusiasm super fast. I’ve no idea how the… I could possibly have missed this in testing, but it’s been fixed now, and the fixed file is included in the main download.
Also, I’ve updated the anvil to give you an error message in case one or more of the crafting items are missing, instead of it just quietly returning false. This because I know of at least one instance where (just) the anvil has been packaged with a lot without the lot builder including the crafting items – which means the crafting station won’t work.
I’ve also added a text file called “IMPORTANT FOR LOT BUILDERS” to the download, that reiterates the warning on the download page about packaging the anvil with lots (that is, it’s best if you don’t, but if you do, you have to include the crafting items as well). Not that anybody ever reads readme files, but at least I’ve tried, right?
Alternate Download Links
22 Feb 2019: With Sim File Share still being down, and also because it’s never wise to put all your eggs in one basket, I’ve now added alternate Google Drive download links to all my downloads. Future downloads will also have alternate links, just to be on the safe side.
Umm, so yeah… 😳
22 April 2016: Fixed borked shadows on four of the counters. (Thanks to voleste for reporting!)
1 June 2017: Fixed floating slots on the Neo-Quartzo wall cabinets. (Thanks to Artemida for reporting!)
6 Jan 2018: Fixed the door for the doors-drawers Value counter, that behaved weirdly when you added a sink. (Thanks thanks to ekrubynaffit for reporting!)
30 Dec 2018: Fixed the top drawer of the Forbidden Fruit DrawersShelves counter, that also behaved weirdly when you added a sink.
16 Oct 2019: Several of the items have been polished and updated; see download post for full list.
To be continued… 🙄
- the mesh is now animated for all ages, not just AF/EF
- the mesh fits more closely around the ears so that it looks better on Sims who don’t have pointy ears
- for all ages, the mesh blends more smoothly with the neck
- AF/EF no longer has a gap at the neck
- all UV maps have been slightly edited, but not so much as to break existing recolours
- and finally, there are new recolours with Pooklet textures
Find it here.
- all meshes have been updated; they now have a better shape and look crisper
- all UV maps have been updated so that they actually make sense
- all textures have been updated, following the new UV maps
- the admiral’s rank insignia for TNG/VGR now have their own meshes and recols
- the TNG/VGR shoulder rank insignia have new bone assignments; they now move properly with the shoulder and won’t clip as badly into the Sim’s body
- and last but not least, all rank insignia now have custom thumbnails in CAS and in game, so you’ll no longer have to squint at a nondescript head to try to figure out how many pips it’s wearing
Find them here.