Category: Misc. -> Children
Poly Count: to
EPs Required: ,
Well. These have been a long time coming, to say the least. They were supposed to be posted already during Toddler Month in July, but that didn’t happen for various reasons. At the time I thought it would be no big deal if I uploaded it in early or mid August instead… but then Nonni died. 😥 Nonni wasn’t just a dear friend, she was also one of my most faithful and frequent commenters and had been following this blog from the start. This upload was something I knew she would have liked (she loved the toddlers in game), and I had been greatly looking forward to getting her enthusiastic comments on it… so I needed some time to adjust to her being gone before I was emotionally ready to post it. (I always knew I was going to post it, though; my shelving it on her behalf would have been the last thing Nonni would have wanted.) Then, of course, I had to go on hiatus on a bit for health reasons… so yeah. Time passed.
But now they are finally here: Four rocking cots for your littlest Simlets. For Nonni. ❤
Before we start, there’s going to be a lot of info in this post. I’ve tried to take screenshots of everything that can be screenshotted and also to bold/emphasize the info that’s the most important, but still… there’s going to be a lot of info in this post. Apologies in advance.
First things first. When the cot is empty, when you click on it you’ll just get the usual “put in crib” pie menu option – but once there’s a baby or toddler in it, if you click on the right side of the cot, Sims aged teen and up will also have the option to “Rock” (which will become “Stop Rocking” when the cot is moving). If the rocking isn’t stopped by the player, it will stop automatically when the baby/toddler either wakes up or is picked up, whichever comes first. (When the rocking is stopped, depending on where it is in the animation cycle the cot might twitch for a moment before it slows down and comes to a stop. Sorry about that.)
Adorable cupcake wallpaper by Klaartje.
When the cot is rocking, toddlers will gain energy slightly faster than in a regular cot, and they will also gain a little fun. (If Sims can gain Cooking enthusiasm when dreaming about food, then IMO they can gain fun in their sleep as well.) If the toddler is awake, they won’t gain any energy, but they’ll still gain fun if they’re sitting and idling, and more quickly than when they’re asleep. (Yes, the rocking will stop when the baby/toddler wakes up, but their parents/sibs can always start it again. 🙂 )
Three of the cots are rocking variations of in-game one, while the fourth one is new, sort of.
First, you have the Rocking Kinder Kontainer. It is repositoried to the Maxis Kinder Kontainer (so it only requires the base game), so any and all recolours you have for that one will also be available here. You only get one variation of this one, so there’s no special installation instructions.
$290 and poly (2736 polys on two tiles – 300 polys more than the original, because rockers).
Then we have the Rocking Sleigh Crib. It’s repositoried to the Free Time Wonderland Sleigh Crib, so FT is required lest it will flash blue.
$315, poly (2389 – again around 300 polys more than the original). The cot gate isn’t animated, BTW; the mesh didn’t really lend itself to animation, and it isn’t on the original cot, either. 😦
This cot comes in three variations:
- The “NoBedding” variation, which is set up the same way as the original Sleigh Crib, with the bedding and the frame on the same subset. No additional files are required.
- The “OrigBedding” variation, which looks just like the NoBedding variation – but this one has the bedding and the cot frame as separate subsets, meaning that they can be recoloured separately.
A CEP for the FT Wonderland Sleigh Crib is required for this variation!
- Please note that the CEP will break any bedding recolours you have for the original cot! Recolours of the frame will be fine, but for frame + bedding (or bedding only) recols, the bedding recol won’t show up. This because it’s now on a new, renamed subset.
So if you have any bedding recols for the Sleigh cot that you’d really like to keep, DON’T choose this variation – go with the “NoBedding” one instead.
And the “CheapBedding” variation. Here the frame is repositoried to the Sleigh Crib, but the bedding to the Kinder Kontainer.
A CEP for the Sleigh Crib is recommended (otherwise you’ll get duplicate recols of the frame), but not required.
- Note: The “NoBedding” and the “OrigBedding” cots will conflict, so you can only have one of the two in game at a time. The “CheapBedding” one is fine to use with both the other two, though, it won’t conflict with either.
Then we have the Lil’ Jailbird Rocking Crib. As you may have guessed, it’s repositoried to the FT Lil’ Jailbird Canopy Crib, so again FT is required. (This cot doesn’t have a canopy, though; a canopy on a cot that rocks looked like an accident just waiting to happen to me. 😛 But at least the gate is animated on this one?)
$340, poly (2106). This cot, too, comes in three variations, just like the Sleigh Crib:
- A “NoBedding” variation, set up like the original Canopy Crib with the bedding and the frame on the same subset. No additional files are required.
An “OrigBedding” variation, with the frame and the bedding on separate subsets.
A CEP for the FT Li’l Jailbird Canopy Crib is required for this variation!
Just as with the Sleigh Crib, the CEP will break any bedding recolours you have for the original Canopy Crib, so don’t choose this variation if you have bedding recols you want to keep. It will also conflict with default mesh replacements, so don’t choose it one if you have a mesh default you like, either.
- And the “CheapBedding” variation, where the frame is slaved to the Canopy Crib and the bedding to the Kinder Kontainer. Like with the Sleigh crib, a CEP for the original Canopy Crib is recommended, but not required.
- As with the Sleigh Crib, the “CheapBedding” can be used together with (one of) the others, but the “NoBedding” and “OrigBedding” variations will conflict, so you can only have one of the two in game at a time.
And then we have the cot that’s sort of new: a Rocking Country Crib. It’s slaved to the Seasons Four Post Bed, so SSN is required. (And yes, I know that nengi65 already made a Country cot in 2007, but hers doesn’t rock, and even if we’ve used the same base item, the cots look different. But if you think that cots are Highlanders (you know, “there can be only one”) even if they’re made ten years apart, then by all means feel free to skip mine. 🙄 )
$375 and poly (5474, albeit on two tiles). This one comes in two variations:
The “CanopyBedding” variation, which has the frame repositoried to the Four Post Bed and the bedding to the FT Li’l Jailbird Canopy Crib (so FT is required in addition to SSN).
A CEP for the FT Li’l Jailbird Canopy Crib is required for this variation! Once again, this will break bedding recols for the original Canopy Crib, along with any mesh replacements you might have.
- And the “CheapBedding” variation, which – you guessed it – has the frame repositoried to the Four Post Bed and the bedding to the Kinder Kontainer. No additional files required.
- The two cots have different GUIDs, so you can have both in game at the same time if you so prefer.
…to my school of babel fish over at leefish.nl for helping me translate the pie menus:
Klaartje and BoilingOil (Dutch), digi (Finnish), celebkiriedhel and poisson (French), Amaryll (German), noiredeb (Italian), Jeremine (Russian) and King_Deadly (Spanish).
Also thanks to shastakiss and justJones for sending second-language fish my way. 😉
Dank je, kiitos, merci, danke, grazie, spasiba, gracias and thank you! ❤
Just to be on the safe side, installation instructions for the cots and for the CEPs are included in the zip files.
The CEPs are included in the zip file with the cots, but you can also download them separately in case you only want the CEPs and not the cots.