During 2013, I plan on updating all my old body and accessory meshes. But I’m going to jump the gun a little and start with my Starfleet rank insignia already – they really needed help.
I haven’t just updated the meshes, though. I’ve updated… well, everything. 🙂
- all meshes have been updated; they now have a better shape and look crisper
- all UV maps have been updated so that they actually make sense
- all textures have been updated, following the new UV maps
- the admiral’s rank insignia for TNG/VGR now have their own meshes and recols
- the TNG/VGR shoulder rank insignia have new bone assignments; they now move properly with the shoulder and won’t clip as badly into the Sim’s body
- and last but not least, all rank insignia now have custom thumbnails in CAS and in game, so you’ll no longer have to squint at a nondescript head to try to figure out how many pips it’s wearing
All rank insignia have the same properties as before:
- FC/DS9 insignia appears with everyday, formal and outerwear
- TNG/VGR insignia appears with with everyday and outerwear and
- TNG/VGR shoulder insignia appears with with formal wear only.
Also, the two TNG/VGR insignia sets are supposed to be worn together.
First Contact/DS9 Insignia (also seen above):
TNG/VGR Shoulder Insignia:
The new versions of the rank insignia will overwrite the old files, but if you have any Sims currently wearing rank insignia you’ll have to change the Sim’s appearance in a mirror for the new insignia to display correctly.
Yesss!! The Best just gets Better. Hugs and Live Long and Prosper in the New Year.
Aww, thank you, Nonni! *hugs back* Peace and Long Life, and all the best for 2013!
Happy Birthday, Nix! I wasn’t sure where to put this and I hope that you will see it. Hugs!
Nonni, you sweetie, thank you! I did indeed see it.. 🙂