During 2013, I plan on updating all my old body and accessory meshes. But I’m going to jump the gun a little and start with my Starfleet rank insignia already – they really needed help.
I haven’t just updated the meshes, though. I’ve updated… well, everything. 🙂
- all meshes have been updated; they now have a better shape and look crisper
- all UV maps have been updated so that they actually make sense
- all textures have been updated, following the new UV maps
- the admiral’s rank insignia for TNG/VGR now have their own meshes and recols
- the TNG/VGR shoulder rank insignia have new bone assignments; they now move properly with the shoulder and won’t clip as badly into the Sim’s body
- and last but not least, all rank insignia now have custom thumbnails in CAS and in game, so you’ll no longer have to squint at a nondescript head to try to figure out how many pips it’s wearing
All rank insignia have the same properties as before:
- FC/DS9 insignia appears with everyday, formal and outerwear
- TNG/VGR insignia appears with with everyday and outerwear and
- TNG/VGR shoulder insignia appears with with formal wear only.
Also, the two TNG/VGR insignia sets are supposed to be worn together.
The new versions of the rank insignia will overwrite the old files, but if you have any Sims currently wearing rank insignia you’ll have to change the Sim’s appearance in a mirror for the new insignia to display correctly.