Today I bring you hair for your Vulcan ladies, binned and familied for all ages.
This mesh hasn’t been posted on my blog before, but it’s been previously released at SimTrek. Compared to the SimTrek version, though, this one has been thoroughly updated:
- the mesh is now animated for all ages, not just for AF/EF
- it fits more closely around the ears so that it looks better on Sims who don’t have pointy ears
- for all ages, it blends more smoothly with the neck
- AF/EF no longer has a gap at the neck
- all UV maps have been slightly edited, but not so much as to break existing recolours
- and finally, it’s got brand new Pooklet textures! 😀
I’ve only made black and brown recols, though – blond or red hair just doesn’t seem Vulcan to me. Now, without the blonds and reds, if I had done the usual four Pooklet families each family had consisted of only two hairs, and that seemed a little silly to me. So instead I’ve divided the hairs into two families, each consisting of one black and three browns:
Note that Shrapnel and Land Mine are binned as brown, not as black.
Since each family has more than one brown, you might not automatically get the shade you want if you change your Sim’s hair from black to brown – but all six browns are grouped together, so you’ll find “your” shade in the immediate vicinity. The tooltips clearly say which shade is which, in case you can’t tell them apart just by looking at them.
Elders go Mail Bomb, but while all hairs do have a grey, in CAS/Bodyshop it’s only visible for Dynamite. I don’t know about you, but I really don’t need eight identical greys in CAS. 😛
Note: This hair is made to be worn primarily by Sims with pointy ears (or with accessory pointy ears), and therefore it curves in at the temples and behind to make room for longer-than-usual ears. This means that it might look odd on Sims with normal, round ears, since they don’t have anything to fill that space with. 🙂